16 Euclid Avenue • Maplewood, NJ 07040
973.762.8107 • (c) 917.608.2794 • firstname.lastname@example.org
SENIOR STRATEGY ADVISOR with 15+ years’ experience creating monetization plans, developing online products and overseeing content-rich media products for consumer-facing digital media companies.
- CROSS-FUNCTIONAL leader who aligns operations, tech, marketing and sales to formulate and achieve revenue goals.
- PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT professional, skilled in conceiving and launching profitable media properties based on reader and industry needs that scale to millions of readers.
- CREATIVE EXECUTIVE with deep experience turning cross-media content into profit.
MATTHEW ROTHENBERG LLC
Principal 2008 – Present
Provide leadership and direction on content strategy, sales, operations, technology and platform design to make content a driver of revenue, brand and audience. Key partners include:
- Collaborated with eBay’s ad-sales team to develop new business relationships as well as set and implement content strategy and performance targets to close leads.
- Partnered with sales team at Contently Inc., a startup focused on providing editorial content, to corporate clients to drive new business.
- Advised Relationship Science LLC on data-driven content marketing.
- Established overall content strategy and implemented content for an enterprise client of Time Inc. Content Solutions.
- Stood as news editor for CBSNews.com’s MoneyWatch during migration to CBS News.
- Formulated content strategy for Shutterstock, the subscription-based stock-photo agency.
- Provided content strategy for HUGE Inc., the renowned digital agency.
- Advised Estee Lauder on its CMS selection.
Director, Editorial & Content 2008 – 2011
Led all content efforts for the market’s top destination for $100K+ job seekers.
- Led 40x increase in search engine traffic and unique visitors to Career Advice section
- Co-author with CEO Marc Cenedella of “You’re Better Than Your Job Search,” a 2010 book.
- Developed a track-based CRM system to provide career-management guidance.
- Created core curriculum as a conversion tool in the subscription/leads funnel.
- Led editorial and platform development as part of the company’s product team.
- Established the corporate voice for all aspects of marketing, PR and business initiatives.
- Media spokesman for TheLadders via print, television and radio appearances.
HACHETTE-FILIPACCHI MEDIA U.S.
Vice President/Editorial Director, Online 2006 – 2008
Set online content strategy, staffing and workflow for all Hachette’s titles in the United States as it transitioned from a print publisher to a digital-media company.
- Oversaw multimedia content of 12 Web sites, including Elle.com, CarandDriver.com, PopPhoto.com, Premiere.com, WomansDay.com and RoadandTrack.com.
- Led progressive redesigns of all brands in tandem with tech and business.
- Provided original and licensed video, editorial and community content.
- Worked with public-relations team to position brands and maximize traffic.
- Collaborated with business-development team to serve syndication partners.
ZIFF DAVIS MEDIA
Editor-in-Chief, eWEEK Magazine and eWEEK.com 2005 – 2006
Editor/Executive Editor, Ziff Davis Internet 2003 – 2005
Online Editor, Baseline.com and CIOInsight.com 2001 – 2003
Promoted to oversee content direction of 20-year-old flagship title, eWEEK Magazine and eWEEK.com (formerly PC Week). Transitioned content operations to combine the Internet and Print divisions.
- Grew the audience of Ziff Davis’ enterprise IT sites from 3MM page views and 1MM unique visitors to 10MM page views and 4MM unique visitors each month.
- Boosted page views for Baselinemag.com and CIOInsight.com 40% in one year.
- Oversaw content development for enterprise group of magazines and Web sites.
- Directed, as Executive Editor of Ziff Davis Internet, the editorial development of eWEEK.com, Baseline.com and CIOInsight.com, among more than a dozen online titles.
- Led editorial transition for major corporate reorganization in late 2004, combining editorial forces for eWEEK Magazine and eWEEK.com in just one month.
CNET NETWORKS INC.
Senior News Producer 2000 – 2001
Charged with overseeing opinion, reader feedback and Mac coverage for this major technology site.
- Revitalized Mac section, making it the #2 most popular site destination within three months.
- Packaged community-driven content into a distinct editorial section.
- Partnered with Producers to collaborate on television programming ideas.
MAC PUBLISHING, LLC
Director of Online Content, Mac Titles 1998 – 2000
Senior News Editor, MacWEEK 1997 –1998
Promoted from print division to oversee four online media properties, including MacWorld.com and MacWEEK.com.
- Transformed MacWEEK from a weekly print publication to a Web daily.
- Doubled MacWEEK.com’s traffic in just one year, with up to 9MM page views a month.
- Partnered with international Macworld licensees to increase global news coverage.
- Wrote regular “Mac the Knife” column and news for MacWEEK and MacWEEK.com.
Awards and Associations
- Won Jesse H. Neal National Business Journalism Award for “Best Single Article,” Baseline’s “Avon Products: The Ultimate CRM Machine,” March 2002.
- Nominated, “Best Breaking News,” ONA Journalism Awards, Microsoft-Watch.com, 2005.
B.A., Anthropology, U.C. San Diego, Graduated Magna Cum Laude.